Email Us!
CALL NOW 720-580-6788 720-580-6788
En Español 720-253-0344 720-253-0344
Se Habla Español

Your State and Federal Criminal Defense Attorney

Colorado Criminal Defense Attorney Serving the Entire United States

Request A Free Consultation

Stan Marks Retained as Attorney In Association with Lakewood Police Office Shooting Another Police Officer

As reported in the Denver Post a Lakewood Colorado Police Officer has been accused of fatally shooting another Lakewood police officer Denver Criminal Defense Attorney Stan Marks has been quoted regarding his involvement in the defense of one of the subjects. “I represent the party in whose house this allegedly occurred.  The officer was allegedly shot by the other police officer in his back yard. My client is Joe Anthony Ruiz and is charged in Jefferson County Colorado in Case 2012cr3005 with 1)Possession of a weapon by a prior offender , 2)tampering with evidence, 3)disorderly conduct, 4)prohibited use of a weapon, 5)obstructing a police officer, and 6)false reporting to authorities. Counts 1 and 2 are felonies.  Mr. Ruiz is not charged with the...

Probation Violations in NYC

In this guest blog post from New York City probation violation attorney Paul D. Petrus, Jr., he discusses probation violations in Manhattan and the surrounding areas. Probation and parole are very unique areas of law. Probation occurs after someone has been convicted for a crime, but is not sentenced to serve jail time. Individuals are typically put on probation after committing misdemeanor or otherwise minor crimes, especially if it is their first offense. In NYC, probation can last anywhere from 2 years for a “standard” crime and up to 10 years for a sex crime. When a person is placed on probation, they must follow outlined conditions mandated both by the specific judge and by the overall laws of probation. A criminal defense attorney can petition to have a condition modified or removed if the individual feels the condition is too harsh or constricting, although the petition is not guaranteed to work by any means. If you violate one of your probation conditions, you will be brought before a probation violation judge who will determine a) if you actually violated your probation and b) what the punishment should be if you did. However, if you are following the conditions of your probation to the letter and are not a danger to the community, you can ask a criminal defense attorney to petition the court to reduce the length of your probation sentence. When you hire a criminal defense attorney, it is important to choose someone who has experience in the area of probation and is willing to “roll up their sleeves” and get the job done to the best of...

Disorder in the Court

While defending Meyer Blinder, Stan Marks butted heads with not only a highly-trained team of federal prosecutors, but also the judge.   [Click image to enlarge.] [Click here for more of Stan Marks in the...